My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Did someone say PARTY?!!?!

I have been sick now for three days and I had a really rough night. Then around noon today, my mom reminded me that my very good friend Lisa was having a PARTY. Now how could I miss that. So I got up and picked an outfit just for Christmas and I got dressed. Lisa was so surprised to see me because she saw my picture on this blog yesterday so she knew I was sick with an asthma episode. But my mom said, "Have bucket and breathing machine, will travel."

I was really happy to be with Lisa at her apartment.

See took me downstairs to introduce me to her friends from work. You might remember that Lisa is a medical social worker at Akron Children's Hospital. While I was down there I got a yummy Brownie.

When I came back upstairs, I ran into Kim. She is Lisa's mom. Then I sat down to eat my brownie and had one big ole asthma attack. My mom hopped into gear, but then she realized that we were amongst alot of medical professionals. Lisa told her not to worry that downstairs there was a surgeon, an EMT, a Resident doc, and a nurse. Cool.

But guess who came to my aide and sat right next to me to help? My best friend Stacy. I did not even know she was home from college yet. Did I ever tell you that Lisa and Stacy are sisters? I am so lucky they were my neighbors. Thanks Mrs. B. for having such great daughters.

11 comments:

Simply, Sarah said...

That is awesome that if you had to have an asthma attack, that you could at least have it with professionals in the house!! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well and hope it gets better for you soon.

Mel said...

I am sorry to hear you have not been very well, and I hope you are better in time for Christmas :)

Looks like a lovely party, and I feel like having some brownie myself!

Lianna said...

I think having good friends like you do, Sarah, is like celebrating Christmas every day. Get well soon, Sweets!♥

Karen said...

If you're going to a party sick, that's the best one to go to! I'm glad you were able to make it and have a good time despite having an attack while there.

Kristen said...

Sarah, I adore how you are completely surrounded by people that just lavish love and care on you. Your sparkling personality is so easy to love!

Tsquared417 said...

Hope you are feeing better and so glad you had a good time at the party!

Heidi said...

I'm so glad you were able to go to your party! What wonderful friends you have. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Mary said...

Glad you were feeling well enough to attend the party. Sounds like you were in good hands!

Lisa said...

So excited you made it to the party Sarah!!! It was great seeing you and hope you are feeling better in time for Christmas. So glad that you and Stacy got to hang out...I kept it a secret that you were coming so she would be surprised!

Perplexing Situation said...

Wow you had a whole team of medical professionals to help you! Nothing beats a mom's loving touch though! ;-)

Adelaide Dupont said...

Wow. We've often heard of them from Joyce, and it's great to hear from you about how much you love your friends and they you.

Very good to have the professionals, too, for your asthma attack!

(And good to hear from you too, Lisa. You and Stacy have obviously been good mates with Sarah over the years. Long may it continue).