My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, November 30, 2009

To all you Too Cool Fools...

A message from Joyce: I just received an email from TJ asking me if I heard about the accident in Columbus this weekend that killed two high school students. The media is reporting that had they been wearing their seat belts they would likely still be alive. When I hear these stories my heart just breaks for the families. It also reminds me of the message that TJ has lived to tell. With winter weather and holiday parties upon us, I thought it would be a good time for a reminder.

T0 All of you: "too cool" FOOLS who are "too cool" for Seat belts

For all of you stupid fools who think you're bigger than a seat belt, bigger than a semi nailing you at 60 mph, and bigger than the life you possess.... Well this could have been you...and you could be DEAD. Next time you get into a car, look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you think you're really too cool for your family, too cool for your friends, and too cool for the people you care about. If you think you are...you're not. On Sunday February 10th, 2008 at 7:24p.m. I was inches away from being dead, inches away from never seeing my family again, inches away from never seeing my friends again, inches away from never seeing YOU again. Instead, because I wear my seat belt, I am still breathing, still walking, still living my life. Next time you get into you're car, throw away your ego no one cares about and buckle up. Location: I-71

2 comments:

stephanie said...

Thanks for posting this. It's hard to look at and hard to read but the truth is seat belts save lives!!!
i am so tired of driving down I95 and seeing crosses and makeshift memorials set up to kids who drove too fast and without a seatbelt. A parent should NEVER!!!!! have to deal with loosing their child like that!It's needless and kids who drive, you have got to think about your parents and yourselves, you are not invincible!

Tom P. said...

My niece and her friends were driving from Delaware back to their dorms at the University of Maryland when the driver fell asleep behind the wheel. The car went off the road and flipped over. There were four people in the car. The driver was in a coma for a week. My niece fractured her back. The young man sitting next to her broke his shoulder and his leg. The young lady who was sitting next to the driver broke a finger. She was the only one wearing a seat belt.