My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Spartan Sparkles

Wow!! Did you catch Oprah today? She had this group of cheerleaders on and they got to meet and sing with Miley Cyrus. I am so jealous. Check out their website HERE. Does anyone know a Sparkler? They are from Iowa.

5 comments:

JRS said...

I've been reading about them recently, but it was just by chance that I turned Oprah on just as this segment came on. Bawled like a baby I did. Mark was raised in Bettendorf and although PV is his high school's cross-town rivals, we're very proud.
---Jen

starrlife said...

Wow- that's so great! Thanks for sharing that!

Karen said...

That's awesome! I don't watch much TV so of course I missed this, but thanks for sharing.

Cindy said...

Thank you for sharing this! I clicked on their link and cried as I watched these girls treat the special needs kids with respect. "So many people only see what they can't do. We want to highlight what they can do." What amazing examples these high school girls are to the rest of society!

Adelaide Dupont said...

No, I don't know any Sparklers.

You might like this comment from Miley Cyrus, where she isn't intimidated by other celebrities because she's cooler and more trendy.

It's one thing to say it, but she really shows it!

(Australian cheerleading is getting good too. They are mostly ex-gymnasts).