My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sibling Sunday ~ The final days

My playset. The final days. The wood was starting to rot, so my Dad said we needed to paint it. We decided it would be fun to make it scarlet and gray.

The little swings were all rusty so we replaced them with a double seat swing. The tire was old and it was cracking, so my mom was afraid for us to use it. Northeast Ohio winters are hard on playsets she said.

TJ's feet grew so big he could hardly climb up the little steps. But he made it one last time.

We took one more picture in 2005. For the fourth of July. We decided to bring our Build-a-Bears out with us too. That's my Great Grandfather's flag behind us. We used tools from his hardware store to build it in 1990, so it was only fitting our last picture included his flag. And that was about the last time we used the playset.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Your playset had a long and busy life Sarah :)I can tell you are missing it. What do you plan to do with the space now?

Kele said...

Sweet memories were made on that playset, I am sure!

Adelaide Dupont said...

It's really funny.

In my part of the world the playset industry is growing exponentially and going gangbusters.

There are all these treehouses, cubbyhouses, sheds and so forth.

Especially LOVE the Buckeyed colours. Your family sure loved its football and still does.

And the history element with the great-grandfather and his flag. And the Build-a-Bears.

And TJ making it up the stairs for just one last time.

(Matt, get better from the swine flu quick smart!)