My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Looking for the Gingerbread Men handout

A message from Joyce: We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We actually celebrated today and both Sarah and I ate way too much.



Over the past few years different families have referred to a handout they have been given by a social worker at the hospital which describes potential reactions of friends and family members when a child is born with a disability. It talks about different categories like the rocks, the wanna-be-theres, and the gingerbread men who run and run as fast as they can from you when they hear of your baby's birth.
.
Does anyone have this handout? I would love a copy for my files.

4 comments:

jypsy said...

Sent you an email....

Adelaide Dupont said...

Brooke Horvath wrote an excellent poem about reading the Gingerbread Man with her daughter.

Karen said...

I've not heard of it and would be interested in reading it when it's tracked down.

Kristen's mom said...

I would love to read it also. You'll have to post it or send me an e-mail when you find it.