My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

I think my Grandma is a Cat:)

It was such a beautiful sunny day in Cleveland. The temperature was 72. That is very warm for November. My Grandma & Grandpa decided to go for a ride and they came to see me at horseriding.

Look at my Grandma standing there. She looked so good today. She was even walking around the camp. We were not sure she would ever walk again after her fall. And then her heart was acting up again so they put in a pacemaker. It is working very good now. She is full of energy. I think my Grandma has nine lives just like a cat.

Look at me. Even at twenty, I'm still a Grandpa's girl.

14 comments:

AZ Chapman said...

Hi Joyce

I was wondering if the place u blogged about eariler was a program that was part of the Department of Rehablitation, i am a senor in high school and people want me to sign up for DOR. I live in another state than u but want to know your oppion about the program

thanks

heather said...

Well look at your warm weather. Wish we could have had some of that here for Ryan's football game! :)

Kristin said...

Oooh, I'm jealous of your 72 degree day - it snowed here in Utah today. I want at least 5 lives :)

Sharon said...

Hi Sarah
I love reading your blog and seeing what you're up to now and what you used to like doing when you were younger.

And Joyce I wanted to let you know that your blog is inspiring me as a mum. Since I started reading it, I find myself taking my camera everywhere (even to the dental nurse and optometrists!) to make stories for Maia that we can read together and she can share at preschool. She loves looking at the book at other times by herself too. Thank you so much.

Mel said...

What a great grandpa you have! And he has an amazing granddaughter ;)

ABandCsMom said...

That picture of you with your grandpa is so sweet! It was nice that your grandpa and grandma came to visit you while you were horseback riding.

We're having really nice weather here too. It was 70 here yesterday. Nice and warm and sunny. I love it!

Glad your grandma is doing so well.

Junior said...

you have wonderful grandparents, loved the pic of you with your grandpa

Karen said...

You grandma does look good - that's awesome. I love your shirt. :)

Scarehaircare said...

I miss sitting on my grandpa's lap. He used to share black licorice with me and tell me about his first horse. He loved horses. When I was little he had two horses named Joe and Lady. He rode Joe in all of the parades.

Mary said...

What a beautiful day! So glad your grandparents could come see you!

Lianna said...

Sunshine and grandparents! Seems to me they go together so very well.♥

Kim Rees said...

So glad you had the chance to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather we were having. It was fantastic! Your grandpa is one lucky guy!

Perplexing Situation said...

I'm just a little jealous. it was warmer in Ohio than it was in N. Carolina. lol, what happened there? I'm SO glad your grandma is doing so well. it sounds like she's been though a lot lately.

Tsquared417 said...

Awwww....they are so cute!!