My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hurray!!! There's a Package on the Porch...

...When I got home from work I saw a package on the porch.

I wonder what it could be?

It is addressed to my mom. I recognize her name J-o-y-c-e.

When I take it inside she asks me who it is from. So I read the return address. She says it is really for me. Hmm...now I really wonder what is inside.

Oh...I recognize this. It is the basket I wanted in the raffle that CJ did to help raise money for another family. Cool. Wait, there is more...

I WON TWO Longaberger Easter baskets!!! My mom says I am the luckiest girl ever when it comes to winning raffles. I do win a lot of raffles for some reason. Thanks to Christie for donating them for the raffle.
.
Now here is some trivia. Do you know that the CEO of Longaberger is a Buckeye? Yep, Tami Longaberger graduated from The Ohio State University and her daughter is currently a student there. My mom, dad and brother met them at the Legacy Luncheon. Pretty neat.
.
OK. I am taking my baskets up to my room. I don't even care that the liners have little Easter eggs on them. I just really like them.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Lucky girl indeed sweet Sarah ....

Mel said...

You are lucky! I can't remember the last time I won anything :)

Kristen said...

Beautiful baskets! What a lucky girl you are!! Congratulations!

Lacey said...

You lucky girl. I never win anything.

one_plustwins said...

This is Christie!! Your mom told me you would post the pictures. I am so happy they have found a good home! You know, you can always pick out new liners for them (have mom help you look for them on Ebay). You just need to search for the 2004 and 2005 Longaberger Easter basket liners. Congratulations!!!!!

Kim Rees said...

Sweet! I wish I would win something once in awhile!

Perplexing Situation said...

very lucky indeed. Have you guys been to see the HUGE basket? My mom & sister have been a couple of times, but I've never been yet.