My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

My mom and I made some more treat bags. This time for Thanksgiving.

I rolled and stuffed and she cut and stapled. We decided to make enough for all of the families that work for my Dad.

It is such a wonderful feeling to do things for other people. I am thankful that we can help others.
.
And speaking of helping others. Did you read about Lydia yet? SHE DID IT. She raised over $26,500 from just 300 donors and she was on TV this morning talking about it. Darya will soon have a forever family. That makes me so happy. Congratulations to Lydia. She is only eleven but what a difference she has made.

5 comments:

Kristen's mom said...

I love the treat bags that you make! I am for sure going to copy your GREAT idea. Happy Thanksgiving

Heather said...

Those look great Sarah.Aren't you so sweet.Zoey and I are so lucky to have you as a friend.

So proud of Lydia ... she is amazing and Darya is so darling and will soon be home with her forever family!Our family fell in love with little Darya and we are beyond happy to see her coming home!

sheree said...

VERY cute treat bags, Sarah! I bet all of your dads workers really enjoyed those!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Kim Rees said...

Those are some awesome looking treat bags Sarah! Such a great idea!

Shelley said...

those treat bags look good - and yes the fundraiser is amazing! Wonderful.