My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Bed Story...

My Dad works very hard. He usually works about 60 hours a week. He and my mom own their own business and they want to be sure to keep all thirteen employees paid. He is very proud that in the nineteen years they have had this business they have never missed payroll once.

If Matt doesn't have a soccer or basketball game, after he eats dinner he goes up and lays in his bed. Sometimes I join him. I like that.

Sometimes he is by himself.

Now the truth is, he would rather be on his favorite black couch in the family room watching that big TV you see. But there is a small problem. It is broken. It has been since June, but my mom and dad used all their extra money redoing the house from all the water damage. You might remember reading about it.
So instead we watch the little TV in their bedroom. That's ok. It makes us closer. Even Matt comes in to join us. Their new bed can hold all four of us. We are all saving to get a new TV one day. Saving is a good thing. But I think I will miss watching TV with my Dad in his big bed.

6 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Watching TV with your Dad in his bed is good.

And it's good he has a black couch to lie on when he has to/wants to.

What a great way to be close as a family!

And let's keep that payroll record up straight, shall we?

Mel said...

That bed is ENORMOUS! Love the way the house looks now too :)

Kim Rees said...

Ahhh! Sorry about your big tv I didn't know it wasn't working. I think it is really cool how the little tv in your mom and dad's room has brought all of you closer together. Good luck with saving up that money for a new big one! :)

Kristen said...

I love your house...all the furniture is so pretty.

stephanie said...

My moms bed was always my favorite place to go too.
that sure is a big bed! No problem fitting the whole family in that one!

Perplexing Situation said...

You'll have that big TV back before you know it & I bet you'll find yourself relaxing with your Dad on that HUGE bed anyway. :-)