My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Purple Passion Preview...just for Max

a message from Joyce: I have a new best friend. He does not know it yet, but we share something pretty unique. Ironically, I had a post ready to go to introduce you to his mom, Ellen. I love her perspective on so many things. Her blog is one of the handful that I check everyday that has nothing to do with Down syndrome. Her son had a stroke at birth. She frequently shares her thoughts as a mom. She talks about her disappointments and fears. Her altered plans. She shares her son's journey including his recent stem cell infusion. And her darling daughter's take on all of life.

Then... just a few days ago...she let it slip that Max is passionate about purple. That I can definitely relate too. The funniest thing is, today she wrote about being in Bed Bath and Beyond and seeing the huge purple bags they have with the bridal registry. I too was just in the same store, staring at the same purple bag and wondering what I could do with it for Halloween. I guarantee Max will be much cuter than I would be wearing the bag. She asked for suggestions as to what to do with it. I have a few:


How about a purple Crazy Bones? No specific form necessary.

or maybe something like this little guy that sits on my desk?

Ellen is a beautifully skilled and inspiring writer. I was thrilled when her blog...To the Max...was recently chosen as the best "Special Needs" blog and is now a finalist in the over all category of best mommy blog. There is still time to vote for her to be a winner. Click HERE to read about it.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Your kind words about my blog literally just made me cry. But I got a quick grip on myself, because I have a mission that must be achieved by Friday and there are big—BIG!—decisions to be made.

Joyce, it's clear that, like me, you have a good eye for the beautiful things in life. You know, like big purple shopping bags from Bed, Bath & Beyond.

So many wonderful purple ideas! I have to run them by my boss (that would be Max).

xo

Ellen said...

Oh, I forgot to say one really important thing, which is: Joyce and Sarah, you inspire me so much, too.

AZ Chapman said...

i love ellen 's blog too