My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my journey.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

My High School will be on MTV Tonight

Sorry I have not posted for a few days. I am fine. My mom has been so busy working on some exciting new developments that she will share with you soon.

I want to tell you about something I am excited for. The cheerleaders from my high school are going to be on MTV tonight at 8:00.


Me in 2007 wearing my Brush High School hoodie.

It is the show called "MADE." One of the cheerleaders has a brother with Down syndrome, so I have been hearing all about the taping when the camera crews have been in town. They even went to her house to tape. How cool is that. I am a little worried though. The preview has them fighting and crying. But the producer told my mom's friend in the end it all works out. I hope so. I can't wait to watch it.

9 comments:

stephanie said...

Hope I can catch it, that is pretty cool! Thanks for telling us.
I love that picture of you from high school.

Lacey said...

How cool is that. Can't wait to hear your moms exciting news.

Emily said...

I'll try to watch it! Enjoy the show!

ABandCsMom said...

Well shoot. I just got online and read your post.

Can't wait for your moms news!!!

Kim Rees said...

Darn I missed it too! Well, you will have to post something from it if you can. Love the pic of you in your Brush hoodie!

stephanie said...

Hello again, we watched the show. Wow I didn't think those girls were going to get together at all. But they did an awesome job in the end.
Looks like a beautiful school.

AZ Chapman said...

hay sarah I watched it and was impressed by the diversty of the team (some were black some were white) i loved the show thanks for telling me about it

Amy said...

I watched that episode! I didnt know you went to that school! Yes the girls were not working together as a team - but in the end they did all realize that its easier and better to work together rather then fight!

SunflowerMom said...

Cool! I will have to catch a rerun of it. I secretly like watching that show.