My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, October 12, 2009

I Earned an Award Today...

...at CEVEC. That's were I go each day for my job training program.

Once a month we have an awards presentation and today I got the "Perfect Attendance Award." I was really proud of myself when I brought it home. I also received a coupon to pick something from the snack shop.

My dad gave me a hug and said he was so proud of me because to have perfect attendance means I got up and went to work everyday and that is important. My mom loves the sentence on the bottom that reads, "The little things you do each day have the power to affect a great many people."

23 comments:

Lacey said...

Great job Sarah. Your a great employee.

Monica said...

Very impressive!!! Congratulations~

Kim Rees said...

That's fantastic Sarah! Attendance is such a huge part of being a good employee! Way to go!

Emily said...

Nice job!!!

JRS said...

Congrats Sarah.
---Jen

Beverly said...

congrats Sarah!!!

ABandCsMom said...

Oh Sarah, that's great! Perfect attendance is something to be proud of. Congratulations!!

Mel said...

Great job Sarah- very impressed :)

Junior said...

way to go Sarah, great job

Adelaide Dupont said...

It's good to know that you've been in great health this year, and been going to the games.

Getting an award from work must be the icing on the cake.

What will you get from the snack shop, do you think?

Norris said...

Congrats Sarah--that is so awesome. And I agree with your Mom, I love that saying "The little things you do each day have the power to affect a great many people."

Shelley said...

Wooo Hoo - thats fantastic. Congratulations. 'Perfect Attendance' is something I relaly try and encouurage in the students I teach too - a great skill to have.

Karen said...

Congratulations!

stephanie said...

Good job Sarah!!! What are you going to pick out from the snack shop?

Tsquared417 said...

I'm so proud of you too, Sarah!! I love the quote at the bottom, thanks for sharing b/c I'm not sure I would have noticed it!

jjpsmommy07 said...

Great job Sarah! Congratulations and you should be very proud. It is very important and hard to get up every single day and go to work.

I won an award too, you should hop on over to my blog and check it out.

Lianna said...

Congratulations Sarah!!!

Rochelle said...

Congratulations Sarah, perfect attendance is a great accomplishment! Keep up the good work. We are proud of you.

Nan P. said...

That is brilliant. Your dad is so right to be proud of you. Well done.

And I too like that sentence at the end. It is so true!

Mary said...

Congrats!

SunflowerMom said...

Good for you, Sarah! You certainly make a difference in many lives online! Enjoy your treat!

Heidi said...

Yay Sarah!! Great job!

Michelle said...

congratulations Sarah!