My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, October 19, 2009

A Halloween Project

Over the years I have been in the hospital for so many holidays. That's how I know that the Easter bunny arrives in a white limo and Santa Claus doesn't always come down a chimney. Sometimes he rides an elevator. And the Halloween witch doesn't just ride a broom, sometimes she rides in a wheelchair.

I really liked it when I would get special little treats delivered to my room. So this year we decided we would make some goodie bags to deliver to the Children's Hospital at the Cleveland Clinic. First, I am making some cards...

Do you recognize these? I gave you a little sneak peak a while back. They are the new Build-a-Bear die cuts from Stampin' Up! I have to dress them now.

I am giving them a skirt...

...and shoes...

...now a shirt...

...and a jacket...

...and now a witches hat.
...here is what our first batch looks like. I have to start over now to make some more.

17 comments:

Lianna said...

The cards are AMAZING!

Beverly said...

those are just so sweet

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

so cute! love the cards!!!!! the kids will love them too :)

ABandCsMom said...

Oh those are cute! You're such a sweetheart doing all these good deeds. Some day, I want to meet you Sarah. Carly would just love you.

Baby Copty said...

Wow , Sarah! You are really working hard. They look great! I know lots of kids will be happy to get them!

AZ Chapman said...

nice job ,On behalf of the kids let me be first to thank you for your effort

Kimy said...

Your cards are awesome!!! You did a great job! The kids are going to love them.

Rochelle said...

Sarah,

Your cards are amazing and you are wonderful to brighten someone else's day. You are a great role model! Keep up the great work!

Jill said...

You rock!! These are so cool!! And what a great thing you are doing...the kiddos will be so happy!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Love your work, Sarah!

They are very seasonally dressed, and I loved reading about what happens to Santa and the Easter Bunny in hospital.

(What happened about the tooth fairy?)

Kim Rees said...

Oh Sarah! Those cards are absolutely adorable! The children at the clinic are going to be so happy to get such lovely cards. What a great way to show you care. You and your mom don't realize how much you touch other people's lives everyday by the things you say and do. Thank you!

Emily said...

Darling cards! So very sweet of you too!

Heidi said...

Those cards are so cute!! What a great idea.

the collins clan said...

Your cards look great! What a wonderful idea :)

Karen said...

They're darling! I love that you are so thoughtful of others.

stephanie said...

How cute are those cards! Sarah you are by far the sweetest of all sweets!

SunflowerMom said...

those look wonderful, Sarah!!