My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009

I'm ready for the kids to come. I have my Happy Halloween shirt on. I am not wearing a costume this year.

We decided to make treat bags this year just like we make for Meals on Wheels.

This year we used little candy ghosts and pumpkins from Malley's Chocolates.

MY mom decided at the last minute to be a Cheetah Girl. She put this costume together in like two minutes...

...haaaaa. It's her new Snuggie from Grandma. She put a belt around it to hold it up. Just don't turn around mom:)

Matt got out one of his favorite scary masks. He and his friends were going to hide in the bushes and scare kids when they walked by. My mom told him, "No little kids." My dad said he was going to dress up as a "tired old man." Funny. Happy Halloween everybody.

9 comments:

Lianna said...

LOL! The costumes are brilliant! And I can SO relate to your dad's choice of costume! ;)

Love the goodie bags!

Karen said...

Sarah - I can't believe you didn't dress up!

Kim said...

Sarah, I love reading your blog. You are such an inspiration to me and I'm thankful that you share your experiences with all of us to enjoy.

stephanie said...

Those treat bags are awesome. You guys are so crafty. The kids must have loved them.

Hector and Jennifer Varanini Sanchez said...

Your little baby halloween picture is soooo cute!

AZ Chapman said...

happy halloween. My history teacher is from ohio and guess what he went to Ohio state universtry

blogzilly said...

That cheetah costume was a hoot! Very funny!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Your Mum as the Cheetah girl was so stunning.

Hope Matt didn't scare away any little kids.

Love the treats and the way they are packaged. You must have a lot of bagpacking skills at work.

Kristin said...

Tired old man - love it - next year I'll be a tired old mom!