My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Find Ways to calm down before causing Permanent Damage

a message from Joyce: It is Thursday and the sun is shining in Cleveland:) which means I will be in the garage all day. Sarah mentioned last week that I have been so busy getting ready for some new adventures, which I will share very soon. In preparation, I have been spending a lot of time cleaning, organizing and filing. Much of what I have found is going straight into the recycle bin.

But every now and then I come across something that makes me pause for thought. This article is one such item. I have been reading in blogland alot lately about relationships falling to pieces. Families torn a part. And often because of something related to our children with Down syndrome. It truly breaks by heart when I hear this. The following article provides some EXCELLENT advice for all of us. I know why I saved it. It is a good one to forward on to others.

If you click on the picture you should be able to read it. It is worth your time.

7 comments:

Tausha said...

Great advice, thanks for sharing.

Rochelle said...

Great article! Thanks Joyce.

Oh, Sarah we LOVE the pictures of you holding Matt when he was born. Sweet, sweet, sweet!

Kristen's mom said...

Good article. Sometimes we get too caught up in the moment. I am excited to hear about your new adventure and I could really some organizing and filing here.

Lianna said...

Growing up in a family that often stops talking to one another, it's easy for me to follow suit. This is an area of my life that I'm trying to come to terms with and the article is true -- even if it is probably the most logical advice.

Mary said...

Relationships are hard and take work to make them meaningful. I just started reading a book called Married with Special-Needs Children; A Couples' Guide to Keeping Connected. I'm hoping it's a good one!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Logical advice is good.

I liked the tips in the article.

It's never too soon or too late to put them into practice!

starrlife said...

Good one Joyce!