My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Watch Out!! I've got the Hammer...

So now that the letters are done I have to get busy. Here is my empty wall and the top of my headboard.

I can't decide if I want the letters straight in a line or hanging some other way. My mom had an idea. She had me trace the letters on white cardstock and then gave me the special blue tape that painters use. We love this tape because it doesn't hurt the walls.

So I started to stick them up in a line. I didn't like it. Next I put them at different heights. I sorta followed the shape of my headboard.

There. I think that is perfect. "Do you like it, Mom?" "I love it, Sarah." Now comes the fun part.

We already marked on each letter where the hole is, so all I need to do is put the nail in that hole and hammer away. How do you like my hammer? It has flowers on it!!! It's my girly hammer:)

Next I have to gently peel the tape and take the white paper letters off the wall.

I have to be careful to not take the nail out when I pull it off.

Finally, I get to hang the real letters up. I try to match the hole to the nail.

Then once I have it on the nail, I straighten it out.

And Voila!!! SARAH. How do you like it? Oh wait, where am I?

Ha ha ha, Here I am. I love my new letters. Just what I wanted. Now on to the next task.


Oh, here is a fun little video of me hammering away.

video

14 comments:

Kristin said...

I LOVE it. {I have my kids names on their bedroom walls too!}

Junior said...

Great job Sarah, it turned out perfect

Mel said...

You did a great job- looking good Sarah. I'm so impressed.

Beverly said...

great job Sarah! looks beautiful!

ABandCsMom said...

Looks GREAT! It was funny in the video when you were bouncing a little!

Heidi said...

Great job Sarah! I love it!

Emily said...

It looks fantastic!

Perplexing Situation said...

it looks great & I LOVE your flowery hammer. I think I need one of those haha.

Karen said...

Well I learned some things from your post. I'm a fan of just tacking things up and THEN realizing that they're crooked, or not where I want them. Mental note: tape up a template like Sarah does.

Monica said...

Love it!! And I'm not just saying this, but I totally have the same girly flowered hammer!!! It unscrews and has screwdrivers in it right?? :) YOu always make me smile!

datri said...

Wow, nice job, Sarah!

Lisa said...

That looks awesome! Nice job!

Jeana said...

It looks awesome! I love your room!

JennyH said...

That looks so neat. You did a great job on the whole thing.