My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

OSU vs. Navy Part Two

...so after the shock of that Air Force F-18 flyover, a woman sat next to me with really stinky perfume on. And the guy behind me had a hot dog with stinky mustard and a whole bunch of people were wearing stinky suntan lotion and so my damaged little airway went into defense mode and started closing shut. Then I started gagging and my eyes started rolling and then I began swaying from side to side. As we were walking out, well my mom was actually half carrying me, the ushers wanted to call for the paramedics with a stretcher. My mom told them "No, no, no. I'm used to this. Thanks though."

She got me to a chair and gave me a breathing treatment and I drank some water to help cool off. Then I started to feel better. There was an ambulance right outside the gate, so we were not too worried. After we sat there for a little while we decided to go for a walk.

We found a really nice shady spot under a tree. I could hear the announcer from here and he said we just scored. Yea!!!

I love it when Ohio State scores. At the end of the quarter, we decided to keep walking.

Pretty soon my mom spotted this sign. "Sarah, maybe we better stop here," she said. "Oh... do we have to? I'm better." I said.

Haaa Mom. You are so funny. This is the animal hospital.

A little ways down the road I hear, "Oh, here is where we should go, the Intensive Care and Trauma Center. "

"Mom, It's for horses...see Equine...that means horses. I am not a horse." We joke like that, me and my Mom. Sometimes we get to laughing so much. But then she said "Maybe the veterinarians can figure out why you can't breath." I got to thinking, maybe.

Hmmm...this is a pretty nice place.

Mom look at this. I like that horse statue. I wonder if any of the horses I ride ever have to come to the hospital? I missed riding this morning, but I had fun today. I love just hanging out at Ohio State. The Buckeyes won, barely...OSU 31 - Navy 27. I think next week I will let my Dad and little brother go into the game. They are gonna love the seats.

5 comments:

Becca said...

Wow, that sounds really frightening. I'm glad you were okay, though. I can't stand stinky perfume, either. :-)

stephanie said...

What an adventure, lucky you have a mom that stays cool, calm and collected!

datri said...

Sorry you didn't get to see the game, but glad the Buckeyes won! Your mom is awesome!

Kristen said...

What a sweet relationship you have with your Mom. I'm so glad you recovered and could still enjoy the day!

sturpin said...

Joyce, I know you are used to it, but does it ever get easier or is it always the adrenalin rush, the "this could be it" feeling?

Sarah, I am so glad that y'all get to go and do so many wonderful things. Even when things don't go as planned, y'all still have fun. I love that!