My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My First Local Hero Delivery

My mom got word that one of our local heroes arrived home from Iraq last night.

So we quickly pulled together our supplies.

I signed a card...

and made a label...

and neatly put it on the bag...

and stuffed it with the cards and some candy treat bags...

and then I left it in his front door. I think he will be surprised. We just want to make sure he knows how much we appreciate his service to protect our freedom.

13 comments:

Beverly said...

Oh Sarah, that is so nice and sweet! I know he will just love it! You and your Mom are just so great!

Kristin said...

What a great surprise he'll find - way to go!

Junior said...

Such a wonderful surprise.

Mel said...

What a neat thing to do. You two are so thoughtful :)

ABandCsMom said...

So wonderful! You're such a sweetheart. I'm sure he will be so surprised.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Joyce, Team Ely and Stampin for America are pretty darned cool!! Thanks for helping to welcome Nick home. What great neighbors we have! Give Sarah a big hug from a grateful mom

Karen said...

That is a super sweet thing to do. I love that you're so involved.

Mary said...

That's so awesome!

The VW's said...

I LOVE that you guys do this! You are such a blessing! What a great way to show your appreciation and support! Keep up the great work!

Lacey said...

How sweet of you to do that. I bet the soldiers love it!!

datri said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing! I'm sure he will appreciate your thoughtfulness!

sheree said...

that is so cool, Sarah! I bet he really enjoyed that treat bag!

JRS said...

Neat idea. I love your letters too. I painted some for Sophie and it took FOREVER! Your way looks fun and they look good.
---Jen