My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Momentos and Memories

My bookcase is finally done. It took almost all day. Want to see...

from the top...the shadowbox that Lisa made for my graduation and Tatlo the dog. He carries Kaya's supplies on the travois.

Next is my collection of trophies and medals. Look that Beanie Baby is wearing a soccer ball. LOL.

And my horses. I had to keep the horses.

Oh yes, my Disney stuff is here. Do you see little Minnie Mouse tucked in the corner. She sat in my crib the entire time I was in the hospital for my open heart surgery. I used to chew on her.

Ohhhh, next comes Prom '08, An Evening in Paradise. I still have the flowers Alex gave to me. They are sorta dry now.

This is important. My picture, plaque and medal from the American Heart Walk in September 2001. I raised over $7,000 to be the top walker in Cleveland that year. My daddy gave me a diamond necklace in the shape of a heart he was so proud of me. I am wearing it in the picture with my Go Red for Women dress. I had to keep the red hat too. Did you know only survivors of heart issues get to wear those red hats? That's me, a SURVIVOR.

Now this is special, mementos from High School graduation. Did you know I am from the Class of 2008? Haaaaaa, that's my blog name, of course you know. Do you see that picture? That was my Senior picture.

Looks like everything I wanted to keep fit. All the rest is going to the Hospice resale shop on Tuesday. Well that's a wrap for that side of my room. Stay tuned for the other half.
.
But not tonight. I am heading for Columbus. Buckeye game tomorrow!!!! OSU vs. Navy. I can't wait.

11 comments:

ABandCsMom said...

Can't wait to see the rest of your room. Hope you have fun at the game!

datri said...

Just LOVE the bookcase!

Anonymous said...

I thought you might find this article interesting. I love reading your blog.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/A34B97533108A7C786257627000A2C90?OpenDocument

SunflowerMom said...

It looks beautiful, Sarah! The bookcase is wonderful- I'd love having all that storage and display space. I also noticed that you have the same bedspread that I have in baby Eleanor's room!

Kristen said...

Sarah, I love your room displays!! So pretty and well organized!

I'm wondering what you are doing right now...maybe you're still getting ready for the game...or...maybe you're at St. John's Arena waiting for the skull session to begin, or walking around outside of the stadium.

I hope it stays beautiful outside for your time at the game!

We are going to be watching the game with Mike's parents and my brother. Cayman is dressed in Ohio state clothes from head to toe. I put her hair in pony tails, tied with red ribbons. I'll be putting a picture of her on my blog later.

Go Bucks!!!

Lianna said...

I like the style of your bookcases! And you arranged everything so great, too!

Cammie Heflin said...

I LOVE your shelf! I need some of those for our house!

Ellen said...

Wow, that is one awesome bookcase—and such awesome stuff in it! Maybe you can come over and help with Max's room? His room is still very baby-ish, it needs a big-boy makeover. Joyce and Sarah, you've given me a really good idea: I am going to put up photos of it on my blog and ask people for design thoughts!

Mary said...

It looks awesome!

Mel said...

I love your room so far, and can't wait to see the rest. I love the colours in your duvet too.

Becca said...

Wow, amazing bookcase, and an amazing look into your life! You are very organized!