My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Making Progress

So today they delivered my birthday present, a new bookcase.

It fit into my room perfect.

It is finally time to get out my collections. I missed this little guy so much I had to give him a kiss.

It is going to take me a while to put these all where I want them.

I have so many Beanie Babies. Many of them I got when I was in the hospital and you know I have spent a lot of days there. So I can't get rid of them because they make me feel good.
.
Next is my American Girl collection. I got my first doll when I was seven, so how many do you think I have?

There's Kaya, Felicity, Elizabeth and Josefina...

then Kirsten, Addy, Samantha, Nellie and Kit...

and Ruthie, Molly and Julie. My grandma and grandpa give me one each year for Christmas. My grandpa even remembered the year my grandma was in the hospital. So how many did you count? Yep, one is missing. That is the one that looks just like me. I change her clothes and brush her hair, so she is right next to my bed so I can reach her.
.
Hmm, I wonder if they know that Rebecca Rubin is out? She is the newest girl. She is from New York City and grew up in 1914. I think she is going to tell us about being Jewish. That will be great because I have lots of friends who are Jewish and I learn so much from reading the books with my mom.
.
Well I better get back to work, we still have a lot to do...

5 comments:

rylie's mom said...

That's a beautiful bookcase. I can't believe how many American Girl dolls you have! We have Ruthie, Julie and guess what??? We just went to New York last week at bought Rebecca Rubin! Love her!

ABandCsMom said...

I love the bookcase! Your American Girl Dolls are awesome! Have fun getting everything put away. Looks like you are having fun already!

Junior said...

That is a wonderful bookcase, looks so nice with all your collections.

Angela said...

Sarah, I love your new bookcase with all your beanie babies, books, and American Girl dolls! I also love the color of your walls. :)

Merry said...

You have a wonderful collection of beanie babies!