My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Creating my Name in Letters...

...BIG letters. Time to get back to my bedroom project. The next thing we have to do is the letters for my name. I want "SARAH" above my bed. So we went to Michael's and bought the letters. Actually we had to go to two Michael's because the first one was out of the letter "S."

Then I went through our collection of Stampin' Up scrapbook papers and picked five that I liked. My mom sprayed the letters with sticky stuff and then laid them on the papers. They are out in the sun drying. She told me to stay inside because she did not want me to breath in the fumes from the adhesive. When I first looked out the window I was in a panic, because those are not the papers I wanted. My mom told me I was looking at the wrong side. The good colors are face down. Whew!!

Next we used a sharp blade to cut around each letter. I had a hard time doing that part so my mom finished them for me.

All done. S...A...R...


...A...H... Now we have to go hang them on the wall...

14 comments:

Karen said...

What a simple project, and yet a stunning look. I'll have to try that myself. Thanks for sharing!

Junior said...

Wow, they turned out beautifully, can't wait to see them on your wall.

Beverly said...

very pretty! you are so crafty!

Monica said...

We have those same letters from Michael's on Adam's wall, we are not as creative because we just left them white!! But you gave me a great idea!!! They look amazing!

Angela said...

That looks great!!!!1

sara p said...

looks really great sarah:) -- thats a really good idea to make your own, i'm going to have to do that for my kids:)- love the idea:)

Kim said...

very nice! I may have to do that with Mattie's name. Thanks for sharing how!

ABandCsMom said...

Wow does that ever look nice. Good job! I can't wait to see them hanging on the wall in your room.

Emily said...

Justin has that on his wall... only it spells his name in brown and blue! So cute!

Mel said...

What a neat idea. Might try that for my kids' rooms :) Yours look gorgeous!

The VW's said...

You and your mom are brilliant Sarah!!! Thanks for the great idea!!!

JennyH said...

I love it! Those look so cool. You guys did a great job on those.

Kacey Bode said...

Oh I LOVE it!!! Ella has her name on her wall but I have been looking everywhere for cool letters to put on her big brother Hunter's wall, I didn't even think of doing it myself. Great job, will you come hammer them in for me???

sturpin said...

Those are so pretty - what a great idea!