My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

With a name like Smucker's, it Has to be Good!!!

After horseriding today, we went to see my Grandma & Grandpa in Canton. Our washer in Cleveland is broken and I have a lot of laundry from camp, so when we left we were heading to Columbus. We take route 30 from Canton which is a different way than we usually go.

So I got comfortable in the backseat. I put my headphones on and was listening to my iPod, when all of a sudden my mom slows down and makes a turn. And then another turn and this is what I see...

What the heck? I recognize that sign immediately. It is on the jelly jars. We walk in and the first thing I see is a Doughboy display.

Look at this mom, sprinkles like on my cake at camp.

OH how I LoVe 'Ol Blue Eyes. I have never seen him this big before. I want to take it home.

Holy cow. Look at this wall of jelly!!!

Even with all the different flavors I still went right to my favorite ~ Grape.

There is even a Jif display. I guess if you have jelly you have to have peanut butter.

Well, I bought a few things (it's a secret) but I got this cute little Doughboy stuffed animal for free. He even giggles if you push his stomach.

This store is really cute. It is in Orrville, Ohio. The home of Smuckers. My Grandma used to live here so she graduated from Orrville High School.

Look how cute these flags are on the light poles. It's like being in a grocery store. The sign at the end of the drive says, Thank you for Visiting. I'm glad we did. That was fun. If you are ever in Ohio, you should check it out.

9 comments:

Junior said...

that looks like such a fun place to visit.

Heidi said...

What a great place to visit! My favourite jelly is grape too!

sturpin said...

That looks like so much fun!

Kim said...

What a cool store! Can't go wrong with grape!

Mel said...

What an amazing store. My favourite is raspberry, but we call it jam, not jelly. Strange isn't it?!

stephanie said...

Grape is the best, I agree. I can't believe that wall of jelly. WOW!

My name is Sarah said...

(I got this email from Grandpa)

Hi Sarah

We got your dancing Doughboy. He is really funny isn't he . We loved your Smucker's pictures. Your grandma loves to go there.

The cashier that gave you the Doughboy doll is Heather L. She lives at Camp CHOF. Your mom went there when she was a young girl. Heather's husband is the camp director.
We love you
Grandpa

Amy said...

sarah and joyce -- i just took a break at the end of a long work day to catch up on your blog and i'm so glad i did (joyce, your 20 years ago piece was absolutely gorgeous -- thank you) but after this post i'm starving, so i'm going home to hopefully tuck sophie in and EAT DINNER! xo

JennyH said...

That looks fun. That is a whole lot of jelly!!