My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Visit to Mercy Heart Center

After horseback riding today we went for a little drive on the highway. Then my mom pulled into a parking deck...

...as soon as I got out of the car I realized we were at the Mercy Hospital. "Mom..." I moaned. "Why are we here?" She said, "Don't worry Sarah, we are not here for you." Phew....
.
...So we walk in and went straight up to the CCU in the Heart Center. We walked to room 5 and guess who is sitting there?

My big brother, TJ. Haaaa what is he doing here?

Then I see my Grandma sitting up in her chair. She looked really good today. Yesterday morning she got a pacemaker. It is going to help her heart.

So we stayed for a little visit. I told her all about riding Ridge today. It seems a little weird for me to be visiting someone in the hospital. I am usually the one in the goofy gown with the wires coming out of my sleeves. I am happy I can visit with Grandma though. It made her pretty happy.

We took a picture of TJ and Grandpa before we left. Haaa grandpa is pretending TJ is taller than he is. He really isn't because Grandpa is 6'4" and TJ is only 6 feet. But that is still a lot taller than me.

One hug for me before it is time to leave. I needed a nap because it was really hot at horse riding today. Get Well Grandma. I Love You.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

Sarah,I hope your Grandma is feeling better and gets to go home soon. She sure looks good in the picture. I bet she feels better because she saw you!