My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, August 7, 2009

NDSC Convention ~ Past meets Future

Ten Years Ago Today...

...my Grandma and my mom came with me to the National Down Syndrome Congress Convention in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It was the first one we had ever attended.

Check out my blue toenails:) My Grandma knew several people because she was very involved with the support group for Ds in Canton where she lives. She spent alot of time talking.

The best part about the trip was the first night. We got into Pittsburgh pretty late and my mom let me get KFC and eat it in my bed in the hotel. Chicken in one hand and tv remote in the other. Fun stuff.
.
Well, here is something to be really excited about. I asked my mom a few months ago if I could go to Disney for my 21st birthday - next summer - and she said we will see. Today, we found out out that NDSC 2010 is at Disney!!!! July 16-18 at the Coronado Springs Resort. Guess who's going to Disney??!!!???!!!! I better start saving my money now.

13 comments:

Heidi said...

How exciting!! I love Disneyland/world!

Beverly said...

how exciting. I hope we can make it too!

The VW's said...

How Fun! What a great place for this convention to be held! Have lots of fun Sarah!

rustinlane.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for all your nice comments. I was showing Rustin your blog. It looks like you guys had a great time at the convention.

Karen said...

That's awesome! I'm so glad that you can combine two fun things with one trip.

Lianna said...

Wow! What an awesome coincidence! Gee, I turn 45 in December and I'd love to go to Disneyland! Cute pics, btw! ♥

AZ Chapman said...

cool I am going to disneyland for my 18 b day

sheree said...

how exciting! I really want to go too and now I want to go even more being that we could possibly meet you and your mom!!

Mel said...

Hehe! The stars sure are aligned for you on that one Sarah! I'm soo jealous :)

Perplexing Situation said...

that's my neck of the woods. maybe I'll see you at Disney. How exciting that you'll gt to go. Perfect timing!

sturpin said...

really? I keep telling the girls when Bella is ready we'll go to Disney as a family. Next summer may be too soon, but maybe not. We can always hope! :)

Jeana said...

YAY! Disney land will be soo fun.

Mary said...

Joyce, in your opinion, is the NDSC Convention something I should try to attend?