My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Best part of any Birthday


Ten Years Ago Today...

...it was finally time for cake...


...and finally, my big brother TJ is here.

C'mon TJ, it is time to put the candles on my cake!!!

Everybody loved this cake. It matched the invitations. Most important it said "Thank you" to everyone who was here because they all had some part in helping me get to TEN years.

TJ was in charge of the candles and the matches. He is very responsible and always good with that kind of assignment. That's his friend Josh eating pizza. He came with his sister Heather who is my friend.

OK ready...Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, Happy Birthday to SARAH, happy birthday to you.

That took a lot of air to get all those candles out. My friends were very patient.

Especially my little brother Matt. That's because he fell asleep in Grandpa's arms. I think that was the best birthday ever.

6 comments:

Ria said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! I'm sure you had a fun day. I love all your photos of when you celebrated your birthday 10 years ago. Thanks for sharing.
By the way, I've moved your blog to the "Roaring Twenties" in my blogroll.

AZ Chapman said...

happy b day sarah

Heather said...

Just amazing Sarah.Then and today.Thank you for sharing your journey.Such an inspiration you are.Happy Day wonderful Sarah!

Lianna said...

Happy Birthday Sarah!!! I love the message on your cake. It made me weepy because gratitude for life is SO important!

Perplexing Situation said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday!

Monica said...

I love that you got her actually jumping in the air! Great picture!