My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Anniversary wishes from a Tortoise...

Twenty Years ago Today... memories by Joyce

...my in-laws took TJ out to buy us a cake for our 3rd anniversary. If I was writing this story that night, I would probably have said, "How silly, a turtle for our anniversary?" Looking back however, I wonder. Was it By Chance or By Design that cute little yellow and green turtle was on that cake? It reminds me of the story, The Tortoise and the Hare. Slow but steady wins the race. That was the moral of that famous Aesop Fable. On August 2, 1989 there was nothing slow about our lives. No doubt about it, we were on the fast track. Our quest was to acquire status and accumulate money and possessions.

We had no idea that within one short week, our goals were about to change. We had no warning that soon a cute little tortoise was about to become the symbol of our life. Or did we? It seems crystal clear twenty years later, but on that day we were too busy sprinting like the hare to even notice there could be a greater message in that gel design...

8 comments:

ABandCsMom said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sophia said...

How COOL!! Happy Anniversary!

Ellen said...

Happy, happy anniversary!

My husband and I were like you, too, before we had Max. And then, yes, our entire lives changed. For the better, in retrospect, though it didn't feel that way at the time.

Junior said...

Happy Anniversary

Monica said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Love your post!

Mel said...

Wow- goosebumps ;)

Happy anniversary!

Pallavi said...

Wish you A VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Tsquared417 said...

Hindsight is so profound!!Happy Anniversary!