My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Yahoo!!! I've got unlimited Minutes and Texting

My little brother and I had nothing to do today, so we were going to go swimming. Except it is cold and raining. So we decided to run errands with my mom. My brother has smashed his cell phone so many times he cannot send or see text messages. For some people that would be no big deal, but that is the only way Matt communicates. So...he has been miserable and lost the last few days.

We were close to the Alltel store so my mom said we should go in and check out what he could do. Lucky for him his plan was up so he could get a new phone. Then the guy said that we could get another phone for free. FREE??? Still I replied, "No thank you." I don't really like those pull out keyboards so much. But then he said I could get the flip phone instead. REALLY???

So I came a running over to the counter. He showed me all the neat features, like it is also a Mp3 player. cool. and the number keys are really big. I LOVE it. This guy just kept talking to me. I think he thought I was cute or something. He was soooo nice.

Then I picked out a cool cover for it. And so the guy put it on for me.

Matt and I were waiting for our phones to ring. I have the same number as my old phone that did not work anymore.

Well, I think that worked out better than swimming. We had fun in there.

Do you see why I picked a green cover? It matches my green computer and green mouse just perfect.

14 comments:

ABandCsMom said...

I love the green phone cover and computer and mouse too! I bet you have a cool ring tone too!!

Scarehaircare said...

That looks very cool! So, what did you pick for your ringtone? Mine is Aretha Franklin's R-E-S-P-E-C-T b/c I hope my kids will hear it. Sort of like a subliminal message.... :)

Kristen said...

I have that same green Dell computer! I love the mouse and the phone matches perfectly! You are a girl after my heart...I love that color of green too!

Heidi said...

That's so great! I'm glad you got such a cool phone and I love the colour!

heidi marie said...

well i'm completely jealous now. your toys are way cooler than mine!!!! ;) i really like the green color, it's my favorite.

Lily said...

Very very cool! I like green too! I really like the way you and your brother are holding hands walking out of the store it reminds me of Lily and Tim. Tim has unlimited texting, but we aren't getting Lily a phone anytime soon because she dialed 911 on her aunts phone!

Beverly said...

great! love that all your stuff is the same color!

Cammie Heflin said...

How fun!!! I talk to Jarika much more through texting than any other way!

Kele said...

Seriously Sarah, OF COURSE the guy thought you were cute!?!?!? What's not to think is cute!
I love the phone and it is soooo cool with your computer, pretty snazzy cutie!

datri said...

Awesome phone!

JRS said...

I'm sure he thought you were cute. I like the green too.
---Jen

Brandie said...

I'm a flip phone girl myself :) And I love the green color you picked for everything!

Kim Rees said...

Awesome Sarah! Super cool phone to match your super cool laptop and mouse! You rock!

Kim said...

That is so awesome! I love the color! I hope you enjoy your new phone!