My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Perfect, Perfect, Perfect

What do you think of this beautiful gown I am wearing? It even comes with a stylish belt:)

So here I am at Dr. H's for my 20 year physical. I did not really need it because I am going to be 20 soon, I needed it for my horse riding program and my mom needed the papers filled out for the Probate Court so she can continue to be my guardian.

I climbed up on the table waiting for Dr. H to come in. I know she is going to be so surprised when she sees me. Sure enough, "Well Miss Sarah, look at you!!!" Then she turns on the computer and looks at a few things. "Is it true you weigh only 108 pounds today?" "Yeeesssss," I told her with a big grin. "What did you do, go to boot camp?" I laughed at that because that seemed funny to me. "No, eating healthy," I told her. "My, my, you are just perfect."
.
Then she read from the screen,
Height 5'
Weight 108 ~ perfect
Body Mass Index 21 ~ perfect
Blood Pressure 106/60 ~ perfect
Pulse 70 ~ perfect
Cholesterol 144 ~ perfect
HDL 52 ~ perfect
LDL 78 ~ perfect
WBC 4.7 ~ perfect
Platelets 207 ~ perfect
TSH 4.0 ~ perfect
.
She looked in my throat and my ears. Perfect. Then she listened to my lungs. "Sarah, not a crackle or a wheeze today. You are just perfect. Perfect, perfect, perfect. I wish all my patients were just like you."
.
And then she told me I could get dressed. That was my most perfect doctors visit ever:)

26 comments:

Mary said...

Woo-hoo!

ABandCsMom said...

Great to hear. You look fabulous in your gown too!!

JRS said...

Cool visit.
---Jen

Lori said...

How awesome! Glad that everything was perfect!

heidi marie said...

sounds like PERFECT news to me!!! ;)

RK said...

That IS a great visit! And what a good example you are to all of us to be healthy! :)

Lori said...

Praise the Lord for perfect health!

Sophia said...

You R just perfect Sara! I like you ''pretty'' gown.

Cammie Heflin said...

Woo hooo Sarah! You are PERFECT!

Leah said...

Way to go Sarah! Good job on the weight loss. (Angela has been gaining because she hasn't been swimming enough this summer!) And on all your other stuff too!

Kim said...

That is wonderful! You motivate me to want to eat healthier!

Kristin said...

Wow - that's awesome! Congratulations.

Beverly said...

glad it was all perfect for you!!!

Heidi said...

Way to go!! You are a star patient!

Jill said...

oh to be 108 pounds again....((sigh)) now that would be perfect for me too!
Sure do love the gown! Looks perfect! I love to look at your blog because you always have the funniest, cutest pictures!

Jeana said...

Good job! I love the dress, very stylish.

The VW's said...

Sarah, I agree! YOU ARE PERFECT!!!

Lianna said...

Awesome news, Sarah! You keep on taking good care of yourself!♥

Sumithra said...

Great news, Sarah! You look confident and of course, perfect.

Karen said...

Congrats, Sarah! I wish MY appointments would be that perfect. :)

Lily said...

Love the gown, you make it look so stylish! The doctor was right on - you are perfect!

Monica said...

You should be very proud of yourself!!! I think you are perfect too!!

Michelle said...

A perfect dr visit indeed!

Debbie Yost said...

Yay for perfect!

sturpin said...

You worked so hard for that perfect visit! Way to go Sarah - that is wonderful, wonderful news!

ds.mama said...

What perfectly wonderful news, Sarah!