My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

It's a Bird, It's a Plane, or is It?

What is in the sky? Do you see them?

Are they birds? Planes? UFOs?

Ohhh, now that we are closer, I can see they are hot air balloons.

Everywhere. They just keep coming and coming.

For some reason this hit my funny bone. I just laughed and laughed and laughed.

So my mom pulled over until the last one was out of sight. That was pretty cool. My mom asked me if I would like to ride in one. "No thank you," I replied.

11 comments:

ABandCsMom said...

I'm with you Sarah. I love to watch hot air balloons, but no thanks on ever riding in one.

Michelle said...

We have a lot of them around here too in the summer time. It is fun to watch them, wondering where they will land!! :) I did get to go in one once and it was quite fun, but you never know where you'll end up! :)

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

I love hot air balloons too, Sarah! I would love to ride in one... but on the other hand, I can see why you would say "No thank you" :) hope you have a great weekend

Lacey said...

I agree, pretty but I would never go up in one. No motor, no go.

sheree said...

oh I LOVE hot air balloons. When I was a little girl, my grandma would take me to the hot air balloon festival and we would watch them and chase them for hours.

I am like you sarah...I would NOT like to ride in one. SCARY!

Monica said...

What a cool sight to come across!!! I've never in my life seen that many hot air balloons!!!!!

TJ said...

i am more concerned about you taking pictures while driving than UFO's

Beverly said...

I would not want to ride in one! Is Wooster where they make cat's meow or Longaberger?

Amy said...

we were just watching some hot air balloons on vacation and i had the same thought! no thank you!

i LOVE the picture of you with the sparkler, sarah.

Perplexing Situation said...

I thought they were sky divers...so I was sort of close. Being that we live on a military installation I see them all the time. I think it's beautiful to watch them float down.

JennyH said...

You make me laugh Sarah! They are neat but I'm not so sure about being up in one!