My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Folks, do You believe in Miracles...


Ten Years Ago Today...

...we got all dressed up and drove to Massillon for my Grandpa's retirement party.


Do you see me peeking up over the sign they made for him?

He took me around and introduced me to all the people he worked with.

I never left his side. Me and Grandpa are tight like that.

After dinner they gave him some presents. I thought that was pretty cool.

Then he had to give a speech. He thanked everyone for coming and for the nice gifts and then he said, "Folks, do you believe in miracles? If not, you should." Then he said, "Sarah stand up here and let everyone see you." So I climbed up on the chair.
"My granddaughter is here with us only because of prayers and a few miracles. She is a little fighter and that is why I am retiring now, so I can spend more time with my grandchildren." Wow, I have a special Grandpa. I am a lucky girl.

22 comments:

ABandCsMom said...

Oh that's so sweet. I know I sure believe in miracles. You and Carly are living proof.

stephanie said...

You are a miracle Sarah, and I think your Grandpa is great!

Kristen said...

What a sweet story. It gave me goosebumps! You are so appreciative of all the love and miracles in your life! You are beautiful Sarah!

Cammie Heflin said...

Oh, you are such a lucky and strong girl Sarah! You are a miracle and I am so honored to "know" you!

Kim Rees said...

You are one lucky girl Sarah! Also your Grandpa is a very lucky man to have such a wonderful granddaughter.

Lacey said...

What a great grampa you have. Your lucky.

Beth said...

This is a great story Sarah! I'm glad you have such a terrific Grandpa!

sheree said...

wow! What a special grandpa you have, Sarah!

Shawndi84 said...

I like this story... what an awesome Grandpa!! I could tell you guys were close from the post about his garden!! :)

JRS said...

I agree, so very sweet. Lucky girl.
---Jen

Maureen said...

Hi Sarah, what a cool Grandpa. You looked so nice in that dress!

Heidi said...

You are so blessed to have such a special Grandpa! I'm so glad he was able to retire and spend some extra time with you and your brothers!

Kele said...

So sweet Sarah! That brought tears to my eyes!

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing that story - It really made my day! Miracles do happen!

Cheri said...

Oh that is such a great story!! Sarah...thanks for sharing that! You are lucky to have such an amazing grandfather!

and...I do believe in miracles! :)

Emily said...

That is so sweet! Along with others, I also got goosebumps!

Monica said...

Oh, that is a beautiful story!!!! You are a very lucky girl to have such a wise and sweet Grandpa!!!!!!

Debbie Yost said...

What a sweet story. You look so cute in those pictures. I love your dress.

Mel said...

Yay for special Grandpas. And for special granddaughters ;)

momwithastethoscope said...

Very cool that you have all the pictures with your grandpa! Wonderful memories!

Mary said...

Yes you are!

Jeana said...

That is such a neat story. Your Grandpa knows what he's talking about doesn't he? I for sure believe in miracles!