My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Do You have a Family member in the Military?

We had lots of creative fun this weekend...

...during our Stampin' for America event. The end result is 65 beautiful thank you cards ready to be sent to deserving men and women in our armed forces.

We would love to send them to members of our blogging families. Each card has a message of appreciation for the personal sacrifices and dedication being made to protect our freedom. If you would like us to include your loved one please send me an email at sarahely8989@yahoo.com with the name and address we should send them to.

14 comments:

Ellen said...

What an awesome idea! The cards turned out beautifully, I hope you had a fun time making them. Oh, and I LOVE that picture of Sarah, I think I am going to print it out and hang it on my computer at the office, so I can see it and smile all day long.

Michelle said...

I have tears in my eyes looking at all those beautiful cards you guys created! I'm sure Joe would like receiving one; sending you his info now...

Monica said...

You have such a big heart Sarah, I love you!!!

Lily said...

Wow, what a GREAT thing you have done!

Hector and Jennifer Varanini Sanchez said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL cards and what a completely thoughtful thing to do in honor of the 4th of July!

Monica Crumley said...

What an awesome thing to do. My brother in law is finally returning to the states next week after 15 mos away from his family! I'll get his address to you soon! BTW, I love your new header photo. Sparklers have always scared me!

Kristen said...

I am so touched by this idea!

Anonymous said...

Great idea. The cards are beautiful!

Jan

McKenzie's said...

Hey thanks for commenting on my blog! Which county do you live in? you are a darling girl

Ria said...

What a wonderful idea!! You are truly inspirational.

Christy said...

That bought tears to my eyes... what a wonderful thing to do Sarah.

Shawndi84 said...

That is sooo... sweet Sarah!! What a great idea!!

JRS said...

The cards look great. How sweet of you. I'm sure they will be appreciated.
---Jen

Sharon said...

I only just checked out your card/stamping blog post. They are awesome, what a cool idea. I love cardmaking too and hope one day my littlest girl will enjoy it also.