My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, June 29, 2009

A Very Extraordinary Graduation Gift

After I opened the cards and gifts, my mom said there was one really special gift. She sat down beside me and said we needed to thank all our friends and family. Because of their generosity, $5,000 was raised for the Therapeutic Riding program at Camp Cheerful and Ridge's stall was being adopted in honor of ME!!!

So we all went out to see Ridge in his stall and to place this plaque on the door.

It says: "In Celebration of Sarah Ellen Ely and the Brush High Class of 2008." It will stay there all year so each time I come for my riding session I will see it. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all my friends and family. You have made me so happy and you have helped the riding program that helps so many others.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Sarah that is awesome!!! You must be so proud!

Kim Rees said...

What a fantastic gift! I bet that made your birthday very, very special.

Lacey said...

Wow, thats the best graduation gift ever.

stephanie said...

AWWW Sarah, what a beautiful gift, you so deserve!

Perplexing Situation said...

oh my goodness! That just brings tears to my eyes. How nice of everyone to pitch in like that.

starrlife said...

Congrats! How wonderful is that?!

Kristen said...

I have goosebumps just reading this. How touching!

Michelle said...

what an amazing graduation gift!