My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, June 15, 2009

The Moment Has Arrived

Oh my gosh, my knees are shaking. I am so nervous. Then I hear it, "Sarah Ely." That's my cue. I have to start walking out from behind the curtain.

Here I come. I had to make sure I was carrying my flowers in my left hand...

...so I could shake the Superintendent's hand. His name is Dr. Zelei. He likes me a lot. He said he was so proud of me. Then he gave me my diploma case.
We have to stop to pose for the photographer.

And then down the steps I go. Back to my seat. Wow that was pretty cool. I got a lot of cheering from my friends. They were very proud of me too.

9 comments:

Perplexing Situation said...

There are many more cheerleaders that weren't in the crowd that day. :-)

ParkerMama said...

Okay, I'm pretty sure that this is my all time favorite post.

CoNgRatS

Michelle said...

Congratulations Sarah! What an accomplishment - you should be proud of yourself. And congrats on graduating on the merit roll!

Cate said...

Congratulations!

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

FELICIDADES! (Spanish for congratulations) great pictures, too :)

Amy L said...

Congratulations Sarah!:)
Amy

one_plustwins said...

Sarah, I just saw your blog for the first time. I got the link from Lily. Congratulations on graduating, Sarah. You are a beautiful young lady and I can hardly wait until my twins, Joseph (he has Down syndrome too) and Jackson graduate.

Shelley said...

Woo Hoo - CONGRATULATIONS! Great photoes.

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations - what an awesome, incredible, wonderful, and amazing accomplishment Sarah!!