My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Friends & Prayers

Ha. Here is one of my friends. He is the tallest in my class. And I am one of the shortest. Maybe that's why we like each other so much.

I have great friends. I am a lucky girl.

This is my friend Danielle. Her mom and my mom are friends. She also works at my dad's office. Well it is time to go home. It is very late. And in just one day, I am going to Florida for my graduation party. See ya later alligator.
.
A Note from Mom: My dear blogging friends, Just one short year after this picture was taken, Danielle's father has recently been diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer. Jerry had very few symptoms and is only 59 years old. This will likely be the last summer Danielle will have with her dad. She and her mom Lori and her brother Michael are in need of your prayers for support in helping them stay strong for each other and for Jerry. His wish is we all learn this: Never take one day for granted, hug and kiss your loved ones each moment you can and please do not put off your dreams for tomorrow, make them a reality today.

5 comments:

Junior said...

Sarah love seeing the pics of you with your friends.

We will be praying for your friends dad

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

that is devastating about Danielle's father. One of my closest friends just lost her mom in December to pancreatic cancer. I will say some prayers for him and for their family & friends!

Scarehaircare said...

Sending prayers up for Danielle's family. What heartbreaking news.

Sarah - I am loving reliving your graduation with you.

Monica said...

Great pictures!

Praying for Danielle's family, those are great words to live by, and good reminder~

Perplexing Situation said...

What great words to live by. I especially love the idea to hug and kiss your loved ones...with phone, computers, and such it's easy to forget how much personal contact says I love you.