My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Cake & Such

After we ate our Subway box lunches, we had graduation cake.

I had chocolate.

It was very good.

Then I had a few cards to open. You may remember from my invitation that we asked people to not bring gifts. I still got a few neat things. TJ read the cards to me.

Here I am with Mrs. Kent. She is very dear to me. She was the PTA President when I was in elementary school. She was also my softball coach. She has been such a great friend to me over the years. She and Mr. Kent have a special little angel in heaven. I think he has been helping to watch over of me and I am lucky that he has shared his mommy with me. I love Mrs. Kent.

Hmm...I wonder what this could be?

6 comments:

Lily said...

The cake looks yummy! I love your tribute to Mrs. Kent, it's very special.

kangfamily said...

I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog. I truly have enjoyed reading it. Our daughter Madison is almost 8 months old and just had heart surgery to repair her AV Canal defect. You are an inspiration to our family.

narretto said...

Your cake looked so pretty and seems like the party was a blast! I love reading your blog even thought I do not get to comment every time. Have agreat day!

Kristen said...

I would totally eat up that white cake! White is my favorite! Yum!!

Jessica said...

Chocolate is my favorite too. Congratualtions on your graduation!

MinhMinh said...

Hi Sarah.
MinhMinh well come sister Sarah from Viet Nam