My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, May 1, 2009

No Wicked Step Sisters Here

Just wonderful family and friends...

(I originally wrote this when I was doing my series on Prom but I never posted it. I thought today would be a good day because it starts with Julie and today is her birthday. Happy Birthday Julie!!!)

I want to thank Julie for coming over. She is my big brother TJ's girlfriend. TJ was still at college, so he could not see me. I know he felt bad. Julie called him on her cell phone and told him how I looked. We all love Julie.

This is Stacy. She is my best friend. She just got her tonsils out, so she didn't feel too good but she still came to see me.


Here we are with Alex's mom and my mom and dad.



This is Jenny W. She was Alex's pre-school teacher.

Alex did not know she would be waiting to see him.

Thank you everyone for making my Prom extra special.

15 comments:

Lacey said...

How great. Everyone coming out to see you guys, how great is that?

Beverly said...

so very touching! Sarah, you are lucky to have such good people in your life!!!

Ruby's Mom said...

Sarah, you looked beautiful in your dress! That's wonderful that you have so many caring people in your life :)

Scarehaircare said...

Beautiful pics and I love your dress. Did you have fun?

Kristen said...

I absolutely love the way you wore your hair!! You were stunning from head to toe!

Tsquared417 said...

That is so wonderful, Sarah, to have all of those people there. You look beautiful and your date is very handsome!

Anonymous said...

I think you should submit one of these pictures of yourself to the Times Square call for photos for the 2009 Buddy Walk. You look marvelous. I like your blog. It makes me smile. I just hope my son (who also happens to have Down syndrome) can get a date as cute as you when he goes to his prom in 14 more years!

Cjengo said...

Wow, you looked beautiful!

stephanie said...

Forget Cinderella, it's all about Princess Sarah! Looks like that was one great night!

Mel said...

You guys looked fabulous! I hope Luke gets to take such a beautiful girl to his prom one day.

Nicole said...

You looked Great! Hope you guys had fun!

Jeanette said...

You look AMAZING!! That dress is goegeous on you! I hope that you have fun!

Kim Rees said...

I absolutely love the picture of you and Alex in front of the limo. Prom is such an exciting time of your life! I am soooo glad you had the opportunity to go and had the support of your wonderful family and friends. You looked absolutely gorgeous and Alex looked very handsome! This definitely gives me great hopes for Liliana when she graduates from high school. Thanks for sharing!

Hannah G. said...

Hi,

My name is Hannah. I was leaving a comment on my friend Sarah Boesing's Caring Bridge when I noticed that you made a comment right before me. I read it and it said you have Down syndrome. My brother has Down syndrome and guess what! His birthday is 9-8-87. Well, I also noticed you said you have a blogspot and I wanted to check it out; I hope you don't mind. I saw you in your prom dress and you are so beautiful. I bet you loved wearing your pretty dress that made you look like Cinderella. I graduated last year and at my Senior prom I wore a yellow dress that made me look like Belle.
Well, it was wonderful seeing all your pictures of prom. It looks like you had a blast!

God Bless you and your family

Hannah G

Hannah G. said...

By the way, you are welcome to see some of my prom pictures on my facebook here:http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2001816&id=1167210153&l=a04a36d079