My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

I painted my mom a flower pot for Mother's Day. I worked on it at the apartment I go to in the morning. Here I am giving it to her today.

I planted a few flowers in it. I had to be certain there was a purple flower because that is her favorite color. She really loved it.

I even wrote a message on the pot. Can you read it? It says, " I Love You Mom."

22 comments:

stephanie said...

My kids have given me pots that they decorated too. They are my favorite!! I bet that really made your mom smile.

Lianna said...

Sarah, you and your mom look so much alike! Both beautiful women.

I received a flowerpot with seeds from Gabe this year (he decorated his pot at school) and I am so happy. It's a wonderful gift!

The VW's said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Great job on your flower pot Sarah! What a perfect gift for Mother's Day!

Heidi said...

What a nice gift for your Mom!

Perplexing Situation said...

It's gorgeous! I love the purple flower, that's my favorite color too.

Evelyn said...

So sweet! I love flowers and you did a great job. Beautiful gift!

You are your mom's twin. :)

Happy Mother's Day! :)

Melissa said...

Sarah, it's so great!! Happy Mother's Day Joyce;)
{{HUGS}}

Emily said...

Oh... that is a sweet gift! Every Mom loves flowers!

Cathy said...

What a beautiful Mother's Day gift Sarah!!! I can't wait for Lily to be old enough to do stuff like that. I can tell from your posts how much you and your mom love and care about each other! You are blessed to have one another!!!

Ellen said...

That is so sweet!!! Nice going, Sarah. Your mom is very lucky to have you as a daughter.

Monica said...

Very sweet!! Joyce~Happy Mother's day!!!

Kele said...

That's one lucky Mommy!

Pallavi said...

Thats so sweet Sarah

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Joyce!

Sarah, I love the flowerpot you gave your mom :)

Kim Rees said...

Wow! That is great! Handmade gifts are always the best! Those are the ones that mom's never forget. Glad you had a great day! Have a wonderful week!

Beverly said...

so beautiful!!!

sturpin said...

I love it Sarah! I'm sure your Mom did too!

Becca said...

Sarah, that is sooooooo beautiful! That's a perfect gift.

Carol N. said...

Lucky Joyce! Sarah, lovely choice of flowers (I might just have to pick some of those for my garden!)

Karen said...

Flowers for Mother's Day are always the best. I love that you're wearing matching green shirts. :)

JennyH said...

That is so sweet! Pretty flowers too.

gillian said...

You both inspire me. Happy Belated Mother's Day!