My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Have a New JOB

I just have to show you my new job.

I am working in the snack shop at CeVeC.

This week I am the cashier. I have to wear my khaki pants and my CeVeC shirt everyday. That is my uniform.

I have my first customer of the day. She is giving me her order.

She picks it off this collection of pictures.

Once the customer gives me the order ticket, then I have to match the picture to the product on the shelf.

Then I tell her how much and she gives me the money and I put it in the cash box.

This is Mrs. Mann. She is my job coach. She tells me "Good job Sarah."

When I don't have any customers, I make sure the cooler is well stock and all the labels are facing to the front so the customers can see them. I really like this job.

29 comments:

Perplexing Situation said...

It looks and sounds like a great job! I love that you are busy even when they are no customers. Keep up the good work!

Heidi said...

Good for you Sarah! I'm glad you are enjoying your new job so much!

Mary said...

Wow congrats on the new job!!!

Mel said...

What a fun job! I bet you will become a real favourite with your customers :)

Lacey said...

what a great job for you. It looks like fun.

Pallavi said...

Congrats Sarah .
I am sure you will do very well..
All the best

lisavengesta said...

congrats on the new job! i'll bet you'll meet lots of fun people! :)

TJ said...

ill take the peanut m&m's and an orange gatorade please

Scarehaircare said...

Sarah - it was fun to read about your new job. It looks like you are doing great.

Junior said...

way to go Sarah, looks like a fun job.

Amy L said...

Congratulations on your new job!:)
Amy

Sumithra said...

Wow! Congrats on your new job, Sarah.

stephanie said...

Awesome!!!that looks like a very good job.It's always a really good thing when you enjoy a job. Good for you!

Michelle said...

congrats on the new job! how exciting this must be for you!

Karen said...

Congratulations! It looks like a great place to work, and I'm so glad that you like it.

Emily said...

That is awesome! You'll be great at that job I'm sure!

Beverly said...

congrats on the new job Sarah!

jjpsmommy07 said...

Congrats Sarah! I am glad that you like your new job and you are able to stay busy.

sturpin said...

I am glad that you like your new job Sarah. :)

Monica @ Monkey Musings said...

Congrats on your new job. Looks like a nice place to work. I think the visual cards are a great idea.

Lianna said...

Congratulations on the new job, Sarah! I think the ticket system is brilliant!

Monica said...

They are very luck to have you for an employee!!! Wish I lived closer Adam and I would love to be one of your regular customers :)

gillian said...

Awesome Sarah! Congratulations!!

SunflowerMom said...

Congrats on your new job! I bet you will have a lot of fun meeting people there.

Ellen said...

Very cool job! Max would love to come visit you in the snack shop. He'll have a chocolate donut, please. And his Mom is a sucker for potato chips. :)

Mary said...

That's awesome! Looks like fun!
Loving the Flashback Fridays!

Kim said...

What a neat place to work! I bet you are an awesome employee! Keep up the great work!

JennyH said...

Looks fun. Congrats on the new job. Hope you continue to like it.

Jeanette said...

That is awesome. It looks like a fun job.