My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Bear is Born

I guess I never showed you the day my bear was born. It was March 19, 2009.

One day I got the mail and the new spring Build-a-Bear catalog was here.

As soon as I turned the page and saw Curly Bear, I fell in love.

I am making a wish and kissing her heart...

...and then I tuck it inside Curly Bear where it will stay forever.

Time for a bath and a fluff.

Now I have to scan the tag so I can get her birth certificate. Can you Guess what I named her?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
Curly Bear. LOL. Just, Curly Bear.

15 comments:

Joany said...

Her name suits her!!!

Kristen said...

I've never been to a Build-a-Bear, so your pictures were a lot of fun to see how it's done. We'll have to take Cayman there when she's older. :-)

Kim Rees said...

I just love Build-A-Bear! It's great fun going there. Lily got a Build-A-Bear while she was in the hospital and we are going to put him out at her party this weekend. It was great seeing you go through all the steps to adopting your wonderful Curly Bear!

Amy said...

I love reading your blog! I nominated you for a blog award. Please stop by my blog to pick it up.

Emily said...

My girls love Build-A-Bear! I guess I should get one for Justin!

SunflowerMom said...

Curly Bear is very cute! My boys love their Build a Bears too.

Beverly said...

she is so cute! Noah loves to go to Build a Bear too and so do I!

Tsquared417 said...

WE LOVE BUILD A BEAR!! So cute, Curly Bear!!

Heidi said...

I love Build-A-Bear!! It is so much fun.

Loren Stow said...

Ilove build a bear too! Malakai has a monkey (ok not a bear) in a soccer outfit! One day, hopefully they will match too!

Kim said...

I love build-a-bear! Very nice bear!

Michelle said...

Curly Bear is super cute! Karly loves that store (but my Braden doesn't like it - he thinks it's too loud when they add the fluff, so he waits in the hallway with Dad).

Perplexing Situation said...

I love Curly Bear. I think we need to get one like her.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

You know I have never taken Gabi to one of these Build A Bear's and I am sure she would love it! Maybe I will do that for her birthday this year. And I think the name is perfect! Reminds me of Curly Bear on Sesame Street!

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

We love going to build a bear!