My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Video of Easter '96 and Speech after Trach Closing

We have had many questions about Sarah's speech with the trach. This video has some excellent footage of her talking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc1jQFY62Kk. You will hear that her voice is raspy, but her words are quite clear. At this point her trach had been surgically closed for approximately six months.

5 comments:

SunflowerMom said...

Wow, that is a lot of Easter loot! And my hubby says I over-buy for Easter, he needs to watch this and let me buy more. :)

Sarah, you spoke so clearly! I don't know much about trach's, were you able to speak with it in? Did you eat regular foods with it, or did you have to have a feeding tube until it came out?

sheree said...

Wow! I just loved that video! Sarah, you spoke wonderfully.

And MY OH MY you found a lot of Easter goodies! I am jealous :)

Debbie said...

Sarah....come visit JEB's new blog.....www.jebsjourney.blogspot.com!

Yes, you certainly piled up the Easter loot!!!!

MaggieMae said...

Sarah, I enjoy reading your blog and thank you very much for reading and commenting on mine (walkonthehappyside.blogspot.com). You are truly an inspiration. I hope that my boys, who also happen to have an extra chromosome, are as well spoken and as successful self-advocates as you are. If you have any advice on how I can help my boys reach their greatest potential, please feel free to email me at marshallhagan@verizon.net. I'd love to hear from you.

Becca said...

Absolutely precious. Sarah--you definitely hit the Easter Bunny jackpot that year! This was a wonderful video--thanks for sharing!