My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Too many Continents for one Fragile Respiratory system

The Franklin Park Conservatory in Columbus, Ohio is beautiful. They have many different garden areas set up. Each one is climate controlled.

Here I am in the Pacific Island Water Gardens.

and The Tropical Rainforest.

The Pacific Islands Koi pond

The Himalayan Mountains. What a beautiful flower. I had to smell it.

Still smiling and then we...

..entered the Desert. Check out that chair. It is covered in cactus. Too bad because that's when I needed to sit...

...because I could not breathe. I was gasping for air. Good thing I brought my Albuterol puffer. I needed it two times. For a few minutes my mom thought she might need to call 911. That would have been OK because Nationwide Children's Hospital is just around the corner. I've learned to do relaxation techniques to help with my breathing episodes. This time it worked and I was able to walk to the car. Whew.....I have to get ready. We are meeting TJ for dinner.

video
Look how pretty this is.

8 comments:

sturpin said...

oh golly Sarah (and Joyce) - how very scary! I am so glad that you had your albuterol! It does look beautiful there. :)

Carol N. said...

Good for you Sarah! I have to do that too when I have an asthma attack. I hope it works often for you!

Heather said...

Beautiful outing Sarah.Sorry it was cut short my your asthma.Hope you are feeling better.Enjoy dinner with TJ.

JennyH said...

That places looks awesome. Too bad it bothered you so much!

wife, mother and so much more! said...

I have to comment on the cactus chair--who in the world would sit in a cactus chair???

I'm glad you could relax yourself enough to breathe properly.

Kim Rees said...

That definitely looks like a very cool place to visit! So did you make it to dinner with TJ? Hope you are doing ok.

Michelle said...

the conservatory looks like it was a fun place to visit, but I'm sorry to hear you ended up getting sick! Thank goodness you were able to practice your breathing techniques and your mom didn't need to call 911!

SunflowerMom said...

Beautiful place, sorry i was hard on you! Good for you for getting it under control so quickly.