My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Synthesis: Connecting with Home Away from Home

So here I am at The College of Wooster for a very special event. My big brother TJ shares his life with an amazing woman. Her name is Julie. Today is the opening reception for her exhibition in the Art Museum.

She invited us to come. It is very hot today. And a little windy.

This is what her invitation postcard looked like. She is very talented and a very good photographer.

Ahh... look at us. This college has a very pretty campus.

I was having a little trouble breathing so I sat on this bench. My mom decided to take a picture because in the background is one of Julie's features. She had pictures printed on transparencies and then arranged them so they overlapped to give the viewer a unique view. This picture is sorta like that. If you look all the way thru you can see Pete and Katie standing on the other side.

And in this picture TJ is looking through too. Cool. Great show Julie!!! Thanks for inviting us.
.
In the end I went into a full blown asthma episode and caused a little scene. Sorry Julie. Thanks for helping to take care of me and for letting me borrow some clothes. We are very lucky to have you in our family.

10 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow, Julie's photography and arrangements are very creative and beautiful!!

I bet it was frustrating for you to experience breathing issues on such a fun outing.

FBF Rothkopf said...

I love the photo invitation.

I'm sorry you had an asthma attack again - I hope you are feeling better now. My son's asthma comes and goes depending on his allergies.

Monica said...

Great postcard!! She is very talented!!

Hope you are feeling better!! Love your yellow dress!

wife, mother and so much more! said...

I'm sorry to hear that you have such breathing problems, Sarah. That has got to be so frustrating for you.

I ditto Monica--love that dress!

Kim Rees said...

Glad you had an awesome time despite having an asthma attack! What a bummer! You are right, that you are lucky to have Julie in your life. Not only is she a great photographer she obviously is a wonderful friend.

Karen said...

Julie's work is amazing - how wonderful that she's part of your family. I'm sorry that you had an attack though.

Tsquared417 said...

First, I love your dress and pigtails. Second, the show looks awesome! Third, I hope you feel better. Asthma attacks are the worst.

sturpin said...

I am sorry about the episode. I am glad that you got to go to see Julie's show. She seems very special. You look great in yellow!

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry that you had an asthma attack. How scary for you. Julie's work is very neat. What a wonderful event!

JennyH said...

The exhibits look nice.

That yellow dress looks very cute!