My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

School Girl CRUSH

Mom: "What's wrong Sarah?

No response from Sarah but sniffling.

Mom: "Did something happen on the bus?"

Sarah shakes her head no.

Mom: "Are you sick?"

Sarah shakes her head no.

Mom: "Did something happen at CEVEC?"

Sarah shakes her head yes.

Mom: "What happened?"

Sarah blubbers out, "Mr. K."

Mom: "Something happened with Mr. K.?"

Sarah: "Yes," followed by more sobs.

Mom: "What happened?"
Sarah: "He was talking to another girl."

Mom: "Well Sarah, Mr. K. is allowed to talk to other girls. He is the teacher."


Sarah: "But he had his hand on her shoulder." Sob, sob, sob.

Mom (wrapping her arms around Sarah's shoulder): "It's going to be o.k."

Mom behind Sarah's back: smile...smile...grin...ahh, this is just like my crush on Mr. Breen, my 6th grade teacher.

12 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

AWWW LOL How dare he! :)

Karen said...

I'm sure you're still the favorite. ;)

wife, mother and so much more! said...

Too cute!

The VW's said...

There will be lots of other guys, Sarah! Hang in there! SMILE! :)

Melissa said...

AWW the heartbreak! Poor Sarah!!
{[HUGS]}

JennyH said...

Cute story but I'm sure he still likes you just as much!

AZ Chapman said...

oh boy I can realte SI don't want to know what would happen if there was two disabled kids on my school team lol

sheree said...

how sweet! I hope her heart isn't too terribly broken :(

Monica said...

Sarah, I agree with VW there will be lots of other guys!!! Sending {{Hugs}}!!!

Monica @ Monkey Musings said...

He probably didn't mean anything by it. I LOVE your limo photo -- you had a handsome date and a beautiful dress!

Jo, Tamer of Monkeys and Keeper of the Crayons said...

That's so sweet! Sarah, you're bound to break a few hearts if you haven't already. Hang in there, girl.

Perplexing Situation said...

oh no! Poor girl, but yes there will be lots of other guys.