My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Polishing my Pearly Whites

I am on spring break this week. So what does my mom do? ...

...schedules a dentist appointment. This is the very first time I have been to an adult dentist. His name is Dr. Vala. I used to go to a pediatric dentist but I decided it was time to grow up.

Boy, that light is bright. Not to worry, Marcy has sun glasses for me to wear. How do I look? My mom loves this room because everything is purple. The tray mat, the cup, the bib. Even the tools.

"OK, open big," she says. I am getting a cleaning. It's not so bad.

"Ugh. I don't like this polishing toothpaste so much, but I was being a big girl. At the end, I got to pick out a new toothbrush. I chose purple. Hmm... I wonder why
.
Here's a little video if you really want to see the action.

video

11 comments:

Joyce said...

Sarah, I was sooooo proud of you today at the dentist office. You are becoming such a grown up young lady and are such a pleasure to be with. I love you.

Beverly said...

You are so brave Sarah!

Ginger said...

sarah thank you for coming to our blog and looking at our little Emma. I wanted to tell you that I hate the yucky polishing toothpaste as well. Love your blog

Cammie Heflin said...

Purple is my FAVORITE color Sarah! You did awesome!

Mary said...

Riley had his first trip to the dentist today. I was proud of him too, he opened his mouth and let them paint on the flouride. Good thing the dentist was quick because it was only open a second.

TJ said...

nice shades

Ellen said...

Good going, Sarah! You are going to be video inspiration for Max and Sabrina's visit to the dentist!

Michelle said...

So glad you made it safely through your dentist appointment! :) My favorite color is purple, so I think you made a great choice in your new toothbrush and I LOVE your sunglasses! Way to go at the new dentist!! :)

Karen said...

I love the glasses! And I think you did a wonderful job. You didn't even run screaming from the room! haha

Tsquared417 said...

Great job, Sarah! I'm weird...I love going to the dentist. I love the way my teeth feel afterwards!

By the way, I'm always glad when you visit my blog! :)

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Good job Sarah! I'm always glad when I get that toothbrush - that means the visit is over!