My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

New Home for the GSNEO

If you have been following my blog for a while you know that Girl Scouts has been a very large part of my life.

Today the new building for the Girl Scouts of North East Ohio had a community open house. I have horse riding on Saturday so we couldn't get there until almost the end, but we made it. My mom got to see a friend from her United Way days that came all the way from New York City to speak.

So here I am in front of the new sign. We did not get any pictures inside because my mom spent too much time talking to people she knew.
Do you see my mom and me? We are hiding behind the sign. It was so windy today our hair was going crazy. Radio Disney was there and firetrucks and big inflatables and lots of balloons. Thank goodness I did not see any clowns though. You know how I feel about clowns.
.
P.S. We got to sample the new Girl Scout cookie that will be coming out next year. It is called Thank you Berry Much. Can you guess what is in it?

3 comments:

Kim Rees said...

Sounds like a busy yet fun-filled day! I know what you mean about the wind but thank goodness we have it since it is soooo hot!

JennyH said...

Sounds exciting.
A new cookie, huh? Yummy!!

Jeanette said...

Sounds like a fun time. I can't wait for a new cookie. I love berries.