My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My First Easter

It is April 1990. I am still in the Cleveland Clinic recovering from my VSD surgery in February. I had a few setbacks so I was on the slow recovery plan. My mom decided to bring my Easter dress into the hospital to take my picture.

I was just eight months old.

Look, I have pink shoes.

I was pretty content that day. It was the first day that I did not have any oxygen tubes or I.V. lines. They were waiting to see how I did for the night before I could go home.

The next day TJ came to see me. He was just a little over two so he wanted to go for a ride in the stroller.

Do you see the bunnies on my outfit?

I am happy to go for a ride but I had to stay in the hospital for another day. My breathing was just not quite right. My mom and dad decided they hated that pulse ox reader. It was always too low.

Finally, I got to come home. Uncle Michael - that's my dad's best friend - came to see me. I am trying to see what is going on over on the other side of the counter. Hey what about me?

OH, It is TJ and my mom doing something strange with the eggs. Hmm....

15 comments:

Junior said...

such cute pictures, so much fun to see you as a baby.

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

ADORABLE! I love your Easter dress and the bunny outfit :)

Beverly said...

You look like such a doll, so sweet and beautiful!

Lisa said...

What an absolutely gorgeous baby you were!

Cathy said...

Sooooooooooooo cute...thanks for sharing!

Monica @ Monkey Musings said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. Your baby pictures are super-cute! I like your blog and the color of your room is very pretty. I'll check back again.

Mel said...

You were too cute Sarah!

Cammie Heflin said...

What a beautiful baby you were Sarah!

Monica said...

I bet you had all the nurses wrapped around you little finger!!! ~ADORABLE~

Lacey said...

Look at that cute baby!!

Beth said...

How cute! A beautiful baby, and now, a beautiful woman!

Are you wearing pink this Easter?

Ellen said...

Sarah, you were one beautiful little girl (who grew into a beautiful young woman)! I enjoyed seeing those pictures.

Nan P. said...

Like every one else, I think those pictures are so cute!

I did not know you had VSD surgery as a baby... from what I have read on your blog (or more exactly from what you have not written about) can I understand that all is now well with your heart?

Lisa said...

What a beautiful little baby! Thanks for sharing the pictures of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I agree with Beth :). You were a BEAUTIFUL baby girl then and you are a BEAUTIFUL young woman now ~