My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mother Nature...Can we TALK?

Now please don't take this the wrong way. You know we love the changes in the seasons. We really do.
.
We love that the April Showers...

...bring beautiful May Flowers...

We really do love the changes. We love the different colors you bring each season. We like the different activities we get to do. We even like the different clothes we get to wear. BUT...
.
...SERIOUSLY...
.
...Does it have to go from 30 to 88 back to 46 in an eight day time span???!!! You're killing me...literally. You know I suffer from secondary pulmonary hypertension. My lungs are fragile. My airway is full of scar tissue. Every time the temperature fluctuates more than 10 degrees my body cries out in the form of asthma. My oxygen saturations plummet, then I start aspirating fluids then the gastroesophageal reflux kicks in. Please MOTHER NATURE Please. Could you just make up your mind...

14 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Tell me about it! She seriously needs to make up her mind!!!

Tsquared417 said...

I'm with you, Sarah! I think Mother Nature has a twisted sense of humor!! I sent my kids to school in shorts this morning and they needed coats by the time they had lunch!

Lacey said...

I totally understand. utah is the worst, we can have all four seasons in one week. Right now its 60. a day ago it was almost 80. Come on.

Karen said...

I agree wholeheartedly. Can't we just find a normal somewhere?

sheree said...

I hear ya...the same thing is happening over here. That mother nature is NOT in a good mood, is she?!

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

I hope you are feeling alright!!! Also - I feel the same about the weather... rain and cold is not fun, especially after such a warm and sunny weekend! hopefully the weather will change again for the better this weekend (but not too drastically! we don't want you to feel sick!!!)
:)

The VW's said...

I'm with you Sarah! Hang on, it will get better soon! Praying that your lungs can handle all the craziness until then!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Oh I hope you are feeling better soon. Jeremy used to have some serious asthma problems when the temperature would fluctuate like that and usually ended up in the hospital.

jjpsmommy07 said...

AWWWW, feel better soon!

sturpin said...

Too bad we can't all move to Hawaii or some wonderful place where the weather is always nice.
Sorry about the asthma Sarah!

JennyH said...

I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind too!!

Lianna said...

Stay well, sweet Sarah, and I do hope that Mother Nature finds a happy weather medium! Oh, I wanted to say, too, that I don't mind April Showers when they bring out the beautiful colour of yellow!

jturpin said...

I had to say..I love, love, love the picture of you Sarah on your title bar. I look at it and marvel at the beauty and happiness in that face. Today was the first time I even noticed your trach! Thanks again for sharing your life with all of us! I hope that for my Bella - a happy and beautiful life :)

Michelle said...

I hear ya and I totally agree. Is it winter still or spring...I don't know these days. One day its snowing, the next its 60. Hang in there Sarah! I hope warm weather is here to stay too!