My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, June 19, 2009

The Green Dress and Avant-Garde Images, Inc.

Note: Originally posted on April 21, 2009

We have had many inquiries about the green dress and shoes. If you have been following us for a while you may recall the post about the Prom Fashion show(click to read). Sarah selected this dress from David's Bridal to wear in the prom fashion show last year. She also announced she was wearing it to her graduation party in Florida. That was my cue that I needed to purchase the dress as the dresses for the fashion show are only borrowed. Since we were buying the dress for future use, we purchased shoes and had them dyed to match the dress in time to wear for the fashion show and then to Florida.

Once Sarah announced to her friends that she was wearing this dress in Florida, I knew I needed to find a photographer to take pictures. I gave up on the idea after speaking with several in the Naples area that just did not seem like a good fit. Then one day I decided to do an internet search and By Chance or By Design, found Peggy Farren of Avant-Garde Images, Inc. Peggy did an amazing job of capturing Sarah and her personality. (I share these with the following warning: These pictures are copyrighted and therefore copying or printing is illegal).


Shortly after our photo shoot, Peggy posted them on her blog. Sarah was very pleased about that. Thank you Peggy.

Peggy even came and hung out with us while we were getting ready. I love this picture. It so captures Sarah's spunk and witty personality.

If you are in the Naples/Bonita Springs/Sanibel/Ft. Myers/Marco Island area I highly recommend calling Peggy Farren, especially for photos on the beach. She is the best. Peggy is very easy to work with and adores our children with Ds.

And a more tender moment, reading the check to purchase the green laptop.

26 comments:

Heidi said...

Amazing pictures! Sarah you look so beautiful.

Heather said...

Breathtaking and beautiful ... the photos of course but most especially you,sweet and so very grown up Sarah.

Terri said...

Wonderful pics and they do a great job of capturing Sarah's personality.

sturpin said...

Sarah you look absolutely beautiful!

Tsquared417 said...

Sarah you are the absolute definition of true beauty. Gorgeous pictures, gorgeous woman!

The VW's said...

Wonderful pictures!! You are a beauty Sarah!!!

RK said...

That dress is really stunning, Sarah, but you're even more pretty than the dress!

Kim Rees said...

Absolutely fantastic work! You look magical, fabulous, and as my Gwynny would say, "Like a princess!"

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Sara, Simply beautiful. LOVE it!

Be Magnificent!
K.

Michelle said...

You are such a beautiful girl Sarah...love the dress!

datri said...

Wow, amazing pictures!

Nicole said...

The pics are great! Love the dress on her.

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Cheri said...

Sarah, you are just beautiful!

Hector and Jennifer Varanini Sanchez said...

Gorgeous!!!

Beverly said...

Sarah, you are so beautiful!

Lianna said...

Absolutely stunning pictures and I love the one of Sarah on the chair. There's something so adult about her posture -- like she can handle all the world gives to her.

And I especially love the green of the dress on Sarah. Spectacular!

Amy said...

What a BEAUTIFUL young woman. These are priceless pictures!

Melissa said...

Oh my, so pretty! I LOVE the dress, green is my fave color :). Thanks for sharing your pictures Sarah (and mom), you are a beautiful young lady.

Lisa said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun and that dress is awesome! Look at you, Sarah...you're gorgeous!

JennyH said...

Beautiful photos of a beautiful girl!!

Jeanette said...

Sarah, you look so beautiful. I LOVE the color green, it is my favorite.

Ellen said...

A belated note to say, Sarah, you are just beautiful in these photos. And I LOVE that color. Green is so underrated!

Mel said...

I LOVE your dress, and you are looking lovely, as usual, Sarah. Great choice of photographer too.

Amy said...

gorgeous!!! annabelle -- sophie's older sister and future fashion designer (!) looked at the photos as well, and she said, "i think you are really beautiful!" she wanted to know if sophie would do as well as sarah when she grows up and i said, "i hope so!"

Jeanette said...

Stunning, Just stunning!!