My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Easter # 3

1992 ~ I am 2 1/2 years old. Here I am turning, rolling and scooching out the front door. The step is a little too big for me to walk out, so I go out backwards. TJ is watching but I don't want anyone to help me.

I made it. All. By. Myself.

Here I come Nana. She doesn't know I am walking so good on my own. It's a surprise.

My great grandparents came up from Florida to see us for Easter. This is my Nana and ...

...this is my Papa. He has a little treat for me. Money.

Time out for a family pose. I did not want to sit still. I just wanted to run around and search for Easter eggs.

5 comments:

Lianna said...

Sarah, seeing you so small and just way too cute, makes me miss my niece! You're adorable!!!

sheree said...

adorable as always! Your mom always did such a great job dressing you and TJ up for holidays :)

My name is Sarah said...

Hi Sheree, This is Joyce. Thank you. Actually all of Sarah's dresses I made. If you look closely they all have a collar, or ruffle that looks like it is a part of the dress but is removable so she would not have to wear a bib. With a trach, you frequently couch out yuko stuff, so I would just peel of the dirty collar and put a new one one. I will have to do a post about it one day.

Cathy said...

Sarah, seeing these pictures of you through the years bring such a smile to my face. I think I like these Easter pictures even better than the Christmas ones. I didn't think that was possible. Thanks for sharing!!!

Tsquared417 said...

TJ's outfit is classic! I'm sure he loves these pictures!!