My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Blooms & Butterlies

A few weeks ago my little blogging friend Leah went with her preschool class to see a butterfly exhibit in Columbus. It looked pretty cool to me, so today my mom and I went to see it.

It is at the Franklin Park Conservatory.

I'm still not quite sure how those hanging things turn into butterflies, but they do.

Oh look. I almost stepped on this one.

As soon as I bent down to look closer, it flew over here.

And then all of a sudden it opened and it was blue. Isn't it pretty?

video

Watch this video to see a butterfly land on my shoulder. It really scared me at first.

4 comments:

sheree said...

what a FUN place! Those butterflies are so beautiful :)

Karen said...

What a neat place to visit! I'll bet all the butterflies everywhere made it a fun place to be.

Mary said...

Looks like you saw more butterflies than us! We were a little disappointed.

datri said...

So cool! I wish we had time when we were in Ohio to see it.